The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi recently introduced a new application namely BHIM for cashless transactions through mobile devices. BHIM is the acronym of Bharat Interface for Money that allows the users to acquire faster and secure payments via your mobile device. In a bid to direct the country towards cashless transactions, the Government of India has launched this BHIM app for all the users. Here is everything you need to know about the BHIM app for your Android device.
How to Download and Use BHIM App?
BHIM app originally rolled out for the Android device platform so that the users can easily download this app from the Google Play Store app store marketplace. Modi launched this new app for cashless payments in the month of December in 2016. The developers made an announcement that it will soon roll out for the iOS device platform sometime in future. The National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) has designed and developed this BHIM app for all the Android device users.
How to Download & Install BHIM app for your Android device?
Here are the simple steps that help the users to download and install BHIM app for your Android device for free:
- The BHIM app is available on the Google Play Store app store marketplace.
- In order download this app; just navigate to the Play Store app from your Android device.
- In the search field, you need to enter the name of the app.
- From the search results, you can get BHIM app on the screen so that you can tap on the install button.
- In just few moments, the users can complete the installation process on your Android phone.
- After the completion of the installation process, the users need to set the language based on the preference. The users can choose between two languages such as English and Hindi.
- It shows a message as ‘Scan QR code’ to make payments or receive money through this app.
- Just tap on the Next button.
- In terms of verification process, the users need to verify their mobile number with UPI. Just click on ‘Let’s Get Started’ tab on the screen.
BHIM App For Android
- After successfully completing the verification process, link this app to your bank account.
- This app sends an SMS to your registered mobile number so as to complete the registration process with your bank account.
- If you are using dual SIM device, just choose the SIM and tap on next button.
- You need to enter the 4-digit pass code sent to your mobile device.
- After that you need to choose the Bank from a list of different nationalized banks.
- You need to set up UPI Pin by entering the last 6 digits of your ATM or Debit card number.
- Provide the authorized month and year in the fields.
- After successful registration process, the users will receive all the details regarding the confirmation.
- You can now start making various cash transactions to send and receive money in a simple way.
This is all you need to understand about BHIM app and the process of downloading it for free on your Android device.